How To Forward A Domain
Several of you asked tonight about forwarding your domain name, which we didn’t get to in the chaos of setting up the blogs. Here’s how to get yourself going. Gather the following pieces of information before you begin: Your blog’s address on WordPress (should be http://yourblognamehere.wordpress.com), your customer ID for GoDaddy.com, and the name of the domain you bought in class last week.
(1) Login to your account at GoDaddy.com.
(2) Go the the “Domain” menu in the upper left, click on it, then select from the drop-down menu “My Domains.”
(3) Check the box next to your domain name and then on the toolbar above select the green arrow that says “Forward.”
(4) Under the “Fowarding” menu, select “Enabled” and then enter your WordPress address in the “Forward To” field (make sure to include the http:// part), and select “302 Moved Temporarily.” Click OK.
(5) Click OK on the next screen.
(6) Congratulations, you’re all done.
Make sure to email me with the address of your blog so the rest of the class and I can start following along. Next class we’ll cover blogging tips and how to write a good blog.
If you’re utterly lost, don’t worry. We can troubleshoot in class next week if people have problems.